Thursday, June 3, 2010

Gotta praise Alaffia again!

If you've followed my blog at all, you know I've written a lot about hair. Hair care is a big deal for most black women (see Chris Rock's Good Hair documentary for more). I've written about my decision to stop using chemical relaxers and my attempts to make my own hair care products from natural ingredients because existing products on the market for black hair are so laden with toxic chemicals. I have noted that I like the feel of my hair, as well as the fact that my dandruff problem is gone, due to using my own hair care products, but I haven't been as successful using my own mixtures for styling. I've also blogged about wanting to be able to be successful in styling my daughter's hair naturally.

Well, Alaffia, a company whose motto is, "Advancing Gender Equality and Alleviating Poverty through the Fair Trade of Handcrafted Shea Butter," has just introduced a line of reasonably-priced natural hair care products for wavy, curly and kinky hair. It also includes a line of products for children's hair. I can't wait to try them! So once more, thanks to Alaffia.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy~
    Michelle here with Alaffia! We are glad that you are also very excited about Beautiful Curls! Holler if you have any specific questions for us: michelle@alaffia.com or 360-866-0080 x207

    If you are in Tacoma and have some time, come down to Olympia for our Bike Drive:
    Donate Your Used Bicycle
    Your donation of a functioning, adult sized used bicycle will be distributed by Alaffia to disadvantaged girls in rural Togo for the 2010-2011 school season.

    • When: Saturday, June 5, 2010
    • Where: Fish Tale Parking Lot, 515 Jefferson St SE, Olympia
    • From: 10 am to 2 pm


    Best,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete