Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Lettuce and a lighter posting schedule

My posting schedule may be light the next few weeks, because we'll have relatives in town. We'll finally do all the touristy things that you never do until someone comes to visit!

Meanwhile, I'm loving my homegrown lettuce and herb salads. I like salads in general, but I usually have to add a lot of stuff to them (such as nuts, grated cheese, fruit, or bacon bits) or they taste too bland. My lettuce, with just a small kick of fresh parsley, basil and chives (we're talking maybe 1-2 teaspoons combined, because my herbs aren't big enough for me to harvest a lot yet), tastes good just as is! I so wish I'd known that my wilting lettuce seedlings would have rebounded the way they did; I would have replanted more of them. The good news is, you can plant lettuce seeds again in late summer for a fall harvest.

No comments:

Post a Comment